New Mexico Office of the State Engineer (NMOSE)
New Mexico Water Rights Reporting System (NMWRRS) On The Web
The Web link to the Water Administration Technical Engineering Resource System (W.A.T.E.R.S.) database was enabled on April 17, 2000, providing on-line access to OSE well reports
and well permits in New Mexico.
- The Well Log/Meter Information Report return a list of all wells where a log has been received or a meter installed.
- The Water Column/Average Depth To Water Report returns the water column depth for all the wells found in a given section and returns the average of all wells in the section for depth of well and depth to water.
- The Water Right Summary Report allows querying by the water right file number or the owner name. The WR File Nbr query shows the purpose, status, total acres, total diversion, owner, and a list of all documents on file with the office such as applications, permits, and court orders. The Owner Name search can query by current and previous owners of records as well as applicants.
- The Subfile Report returns a list of water right files with their associated adjudication subfile number if populated.
- The Cross Reference Report returns a list of all water right files with a related historic number i.e. an LWD or MISC prefix on the document.
- The Ditch Water Right Status Report generates a list of descriptive information about one water right or all water rights on a ditch (acequia). The query results include the ditch, subfile number, use, acres, water right quantity (diversion and consumptive use amounts), past and current owners of record.
- The Point of Diversion by Location Report returns a summary of water rights use, owner, wells, point of diversion and location.
- The Driller License Report return all license information for well drillers and companies that have valid or expired drilling licenses.
- The Subdivision Review module will allow you to access summary information on subdivisions reviewed or under review by the NMOSE, by either county, or subdivision name.
- The Subdivision Report displays the lot, block, unit, county and file number information for a particular subdivision.
- The UTM Conversion Tool converts PLSS, State Plane Coordinate System - NAD27 & NAD83, Longitude & Latitude & UTM - NAD27 to NAD 1983 UTM ZONE 13 Easting & Northing meters.
The database is not completely populated on a statewide basis yet.
Click on the WATERS MAP to see the areas of the State for which information is available.